The 3rd Call for Proposals is expected to start in Q4/2019 with the submission deadline being announced shortly. Interested parties wishing to be notified via email about the upcoming opening kindly send a request to email@example.com.
The Concept Idea Template is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
Please find all application documents here.
Terms of funding
The ISF provides grant-based co-funding of up to 2.5m EUR only to Partnerships consisting of public and/ or private organisations
1) which want to
- develop new climate risk insurance products, especially for governments or
- scale-up already existing products, e.g. into other regions or to other groups or
- introduce innovative technological solutions to improve and scale-up insurance operations, e.g. through applying satellite technology or drones
in order to
increase the resilience of poor and vulnerable people in developing countries to climate change
2) where at least one partner is
- representing the demand and needs of end-beneficiaries (e.g. national or regional government bodies, NGOs, local insurers)
- willing to act as a risk taker (e.g. reinsurance company)
- located in the target country
3) which provide an own contribution
- matching the grant funding (in-kind and/or as financial contribution, including funds from their own resources and co-financing2)
Further parties, e.g. other product implementing partners such as risk modelling agencies, insurers, brokers, can additionally be involved.
In case of applying, please bear in mind that the grant-based co-funding of up to 2.5m EUR does not include your own contribution.
Hence, the formula is as follows: ISF grant + own contribution = total project costs.