Already today Colombia is severely exposed to natural disasters including floods, tsunamis and earthquakes. Intense rains that have been occurring in the framework of the winter wave 2019, have caused landslides, gales…
on behalf of
Apply for funding now!
Looking for support to transform your concept into a climate risk insurance product?
Submit your Concept Note and apply for funding now! The submission deadline for the third Call for Proposals is 07/02/2020, 23:59 CET.
Please note, the third Call for Proposals has a geographical focus on countries in Asia and the Pacific, Africa and Latin America which are eligible to receive official development assistance (ODA) and are vulnerable to extreme weather events. In case of any questions, please reach out to email@example.com
The InsuResilience Solutions Fund (ISF) promotes the development of innovative and sustainable climate risk insurance products in developing and emerging countries, to improve the resilience of poor and vulnerable households against the impacts of climate change and natural disasters.
The ISF provides grant-based co-funding of up to 2,5m EUR and advice to partnerships between (local) public entities (e.g. national or regional government bodies), private companies in the insurance sector and NGOs to
- transform new climate risk insurance concepts into products ready for market placement
- bring successfully piloted climate risk insurance products to scale
- improve and scale up insurance operations with technological solutions, e.g. through satellite technology.
The first workshop to initiate a comprehensive climate risk analysis took place in Can Tho, Vietnam on January 10 2020. The climate risk analysis is based on the Economics of Climate Adaptation (ECA) Methodology,…
- Development of new climate risk insurance products, especially for governments.
- Scale-up of already existing, piloted products, e.g. into other regions or to other groups.
- Investment in technological solutions to improve and scale-up insurance operations, e.g. through applying satellite technology or drones.
ISF provides grants up to 2.5m EUR under the condition that the partnership commits a meaningful own contribution of 50% of the requested funding1 in kind and/or as financial contribution.apply